Mbr to gpt convert failed

Anonymous
2022-03-25T12:12:38+00:00

Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.

Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?

Or I need to reinstall Windows ?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-01T06:46:48+00:00

    Hello Dave,

    Yes that's the last resort as Corsair 7000D airflow is quite heavy, so I asking for onsite visit instead

    Thank you so much for your assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T19:50:57+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89,

    The best option, if you have already installed all drivers, would be to take your PC to the repair center and ask them to test your hardware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T19:46:10+00:00

    Yes, I install qfan xpert for temperature, well CPU and GPU safe around 38 C, but HDD 43,44,45 when booting and around 48,49 when in use (not heavily) is not nice

    For frontpanel I already install Intel chipset driver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T19:09:56+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89, glad to help!

    With regards to those couple of new problems, did you install a full set of device drivers from the support page for your PC after you installed Windows?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T19:07:16+00:00

    Hello Dave,

    I am done

    I used Rufus to create a bootable usb and it's worked !

    Now I have re install Windows 10 21h2

    I got Activated as soon as I sign in, same goes for Office

    Now I got two concerning things

    1. HDD temperature 46, 47 and 48 C
    2. Front Panel USB 3.0 not working (will need to contact Asus I think)

    At least all things that troubling me for 6 days are solved, thank you so much for your patience and assistance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments