Mbr to gpt convert failed

Anonymous
2022-03-25T12:12:38+00:00

Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.

Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?

Or I need to reinstall Windows ?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-28T15:35:32+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89, glad to help, the best of luck with the upgrade.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-28T15:34:27+00:00

    Ok, thank you

    Now it's all up to me to back up everything and reinstall Windows, hopefully no other problem a rise

    This PC upgrade really risky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-28T14:37:51+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    If you have synced Edge, then yes, history is included in the sync.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-28T14:29:39+00:00

    One more question,

    Is it include browser history as well ?

    Because there is some sites I often visit to

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-28T13:14:31+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    Clean installing Windows will wipe your drive, including all personal data an installed software, if you previously purchased Office, you can re-install that from your Microsoft Account.

    https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    If you had Edge synced to your Microsoft Account, then all your bookmarks should load after the installation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments