Windows 11 100% disk usage

Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:42:24+00:00

Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-29T02:30:01+00:00

    I used to get this issue after just about every Windows 10 update. Killing SysMain (Super Fetch) usually helped a lot. Each update would reactivate it you see. I never switched up to Windows 11 - and after this I probably won't. But now my father's laptop (Windows 11) is doing the same BS after the latest update.

    It's incredible how little accountability we get from Microsoft on this. This issue is nearly a decade old.

    AFTER UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT, THE SYSTEMS ARE BASICALLY UNUSABLE DUE TO THE 100% DISK USAGE THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY ON THEIR OWN.

    AND THIS IS NOT CAUSED BY CORRUPTED ANYTHING OR THE NEED TO UPDATE DRIVERS.

    it's caused by whatever **** they update or activate in your system with the update.

    I'm not exaggerating when I say I've had to fix these same issues over a dozen times over the years.

    I forced myself to update to W11. Now this issue resolves itself in much less time. B4 it took at least 5 minutes to become usable. Now about a minute

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-28T13:10:10+00:00

    Check out this if it's helps for you: Website: https://tricknology.in/fix-100-disk-usage-on-windows-11/

    Video: https://youtu.be/5S-eVuDVFIw

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T18:23:07+00:00

    Hi,
    My name is Igor, I have 12 Microsoft MVP awards. It's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you. I'm sorry you have a problems.

    Do you have HDD or SSD? If it is HDD, please check drive's health with third party CrystalDiskInfo tool. If you have SSD, check it with a manufacturer's tool.

    And please run Task manager, open Performance tab, select Disk C: at the left and show a screenshot.

    CrystalDiskInfo tool works great. Every HDD should have this software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T17:56:40+00:00

    I have tried everything on this page and still getting 100% disk usage. This renders the laptop no more than a paper weight. Any other suggestion. Apart from swapping hard drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T18:34:40+00:00

    Thank you Thank you. Many months of great frustration are finally over.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments