Can't install KB5005565 update

Anonymous
2021-09-21T01:17:36+00:00

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10, version 21H1 on a PC Desktop. I never had a problem installing updates until now. Now when I try installing Update KB5005565, it says it installed 100%, then gives me an error "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)". I've tried running the update troubleshooter and it said it couldn't detect any problems. I rebooted the computer and tried to install it again, but I keep getting the same error. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-08T09:35:59+00:00

    I ended up installing a fresh copy of windows and after that upgrade to 11 went smoothly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-08T02:20:32+00:00

    Media creation tool fixed it for me too!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-08T00:21:33+00:00

    Same problem since July: can't install 21H2 neither manually via cumulative update nor via windows update. Tried all possible troubleshooting methods:

    dism, sfc, scandisk, delete windows update repository, uninstalling edge and a few more I don't remember.

    Download the media creation tool. This is the only one that worked for me. I tried everything you did to no avail but the MEDIA CREATION TOOL did its work. Hope this helps you too.

    Here's the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

    Click on Download Tool Now button

    And do what with the media creation tool? When you say "install it" how far are you going through the process in the app?

    Just follow the instructions. It will download necessary updates for you. Please make sure it says keep personal files and apps. It took a long time for me but it did its job.

    Thanks, maybe I should just install Windows 11.... heh. Curious to see what it's about.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-07T23:12:42+00:00

    Same problem since July: can't install 21H2 neither manually via cumulative update nor via windows update. Tried all possible troubleshooting methods:

    dism, sfc, scandisk, delete windows update repository, uninstalling edge and a few more I don't remember.

    Download the media creation tool. This is the only one that worked for me. I tried everything you did to no avail but the MEDIA CREATION TOOL did its work. Hope this helps you too.

    Here's the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

    Click on Download Tool Now button

    And do what with the media creation tool? When you say "install it" how far are you going through the process in the app?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T02:06:23+00:00

    Same problem since July: can't install 21H2 neither manually via cumulative update nor via windows update. Tried all possible troubleshooting methods:

    dism, sfc, scandisk, delete windows update repository, uninstalling edge and a few more I don't remember.

    Download the media creation tool. This is the only one that worked for me. I tried everything you did to no avail but the MEDIA CREATION TOOL did its work. Hope this helps you too.

    Here's the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

    Click on Download Tool Now button

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments