problem installing latest security update kb5005565

Anonymous
2021-09-19T05:27:48+00:00

Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.

How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T11:02:17+00:00

    how did you UNINSTALL microsoft edge? I went to "programs and features" in control panel, selected Microsoft EDGE, but it only gives me a CHANGE option, does not give me the UNINSTALL option that i normally see for other programs.

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T08:45:30+00:00

    i think is not easy way to end user and me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T07:04:49+00:00

    I had recently uninstalled MS Edge, and ever since the update has failed. I just reinstalled it, rebooted and then re-ran windows update. BAM, it worked fine.

    Thanks so much, this has been driving me crazy for over a week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T05:18:23+00:00

    We can but hope.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T03:11:38+00:00

    I am having the same issue. Endless loop of failed installs for KB5005565. I've tried all of the same solutions as everyone else in this thread, with the exception of reinstalling Edge (that'll be my next try). However, given that this update seems to be causing other problems once other users have managed to install it successfully, I'm thinking of skipping it altogether. Will I be able to upgrade to Win11 in October without the latest Win10 update? Because if so, I'll just hold out until then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments