problem installing latest security update kb5005565

Anonymous
2021-09-19T05:27:48+00:00

Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we could not determine if your pc could run windows 10. This is a brand new computer, but I did put my previous cwindows that I had on the new computer.

How could Iinstall this update or do the windows reset?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-20T19:45:21+00:00

    I had the same problem. On some other forum I managed to find solution that worked for me. You need to have Microsoft Edge installed on your computer so the update can proceed to the end... Otherwise it keeps failing...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-25T03:02:35+00:00

    I too have the same problem. I have installed the "2021-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5005565)" update nearly 15 times.

    Every time it completes 100% and after some time its shows error message stating that the update could not be installed.

    After I restart my laptop it again downloading the update and does the same repeatedly.

    Microsoft needs to fix it or remove this update from the server. This is becoming a daily nuisance and irritating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T11:18:00+00:00

    I was having the same issue, reinstalled Edge and it finally installed KB5005565 successfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-22T19:44:08+00:00

    Microsoft is one of the worst OS. After every update, there is some issue. Many times it crashes my laptop OS. Earlier there was an option to chose, whether you want to install the update or not but now they force you to install the update and keep cursing yourself for purchasing Microsoft. It makes my life miserable. Sometimes I had to wait for 6 to 7 hours to get my laptop running.

    My whole day got wasted because of the dumb Microsoft employees. In praise of those <removed>.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-21T07:02:11+00:00

    Hello.

    We have same problem.

    After install KB5005565 we need to restart computer. After restart computer we have KB5005565 pending.

    We have tried to repair Windows Update, 'sfc /scannow', DISM commands ...

    This case is tricky!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments