Hi,
Good luck with that, and let us know how it goes...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The PC : Desktop, Windows 10 home 64b. 20H2
Issues : Does not boot into Windows
Boot issues one after another since 20H2 update, such as
mouse lock up or disappear after booting into Windows
crash 20~30 minutes after booting into Windows
BSOD saying not properly started . . .
stuck at OEM's logo, simply dead
Installation media USB is created, but the system cannot read the USB.
The PC stays dead at the manufacturer's logo of the boot process. Dead.
What to do now?
Thank.
Chuenmon
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
Good luck with that, and let us know how it goes...
Hi, Slance310.
Thank you again.
OK, I'll check the memory, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and DVD drive.
Many many thanks to you for your kindness trying to help.
Chuenmon
Hi, Claudeir.
Yes, Claudeir, I did say something that I did 8 years ago. That was an re-installation, Windows 7 Pro, on a different desktop machine. Back then, I had DVDs of Windows 7. And did re-installation almost every one to two years. I wanted to do the same thing this time. After creating the installation media USB, then I found that the BIOS on this PC did not read the USB, as Slance310 said.
Really appreciate your goodwill trying to help.
Chuenmon
OK. I tend to believe Slance that the computer should be getting to BIOS even with a dead coin battery, but, as a last ditch effort, go ahead & replace that & see what happens. Other than that, probably it belongs in a shop. Maybe fiddle with other hardware first as Slance said, I don't know.
Hi,
If the HDD or SSD is malfunctioning it can confuse the Bios to the point it freezes..
Since you have already removed the battery and SSD with no change there is obviously a hardware problem somewhere..
The only thing else I can suggest at this point would be to remove everything removable and maybe try a different try a different keyboard and\or mouse..
Another thing to try would be to reseat the memory.. Taking it out, cleaning the contacts, and putting it back in might be the best step, but simply wiggling it around in it's slot could help as well.. If you have more than one memory module, you could try removing one and see what happens..
A very unlikely issue is that maybe the CPU and\or System fans have a problem and the machine refuses to do anything to protect itself.. If this were the case, I would think you would at least get a message of some kind indicating this..