I was handed a "banned from commenting" message one morning, with no warning.

Anonymous
2021-08-08T13:16:01+00:00

Initially it said two things; "You have been banned due to your name" and "You have been banned due to violations of guidelines". I have read through the guidelines and an find nowhere a sufficient reason for my commenting suspension. And since my work is directly tied to my ability to navigate the comment section of media's social interactions I have to assume the reason is not good enough, otherwise I would have received an answer from someone, anyone really. Every MSN agent I have spoken with does not see my account in bad standing. So my conclusion is that a 3rd party who does not have access to my account but rather just the ability to remove my ability to comment on news articles is the final judge.

I have cancelled my subscriptions to Microsoft and all of it's products and may be planning legal action as to simply find out one thing... why.

Just a simple answer in detail as to what about my posts were in any way "wrong".

I have been working on research for nearly 8 year as to how the social aspect of the internet changes people, and now I have a new chapter. The unfettered power some get by playing "god" over someone else's work.

I genuinely would love for someone to have the fortitude to not hide behind anonymity in some dark corner and give a detailed explanation with examples of my "Crime". Because all of the comments I have made and read and reread do not violate any of the mentioned guidelines...

But now my work is directly affected without sufficient reason.

MB

Windows for home | Other | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-03T21:29:55+00:00

    I was recently banned from MSN commenting for asking why Joe Biden isn't going to the border but is going to Puerto Rico.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-28T23:15:36+00:00

    Exactly the same for me not a clue, not even typed anything yet, its a complete mystery to me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-28T13:40:12+00:00

    I signed into my account today to comment on an article, something I havnt done before, and it said I was banned from commenting. I tried to appeal this and they said after reviewing the appeal I am still banned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-16T20:00:17+00:00

    Seems your question like so many others on this subject has no answer, the Microsoft dictatorship cannot or will not discuss the problem. It may be a software glitch or human intervention but it seems the gods do not even wish to acknowledge that a problem exists. Some of the comments that are posted, on that forum, in my opinion actually justify removal, yet the same prejudiced comments appear over and over again, signed by the same authors. My simple answer is if you want to have an opinion find another forum, this one doesn't support free speech and in your case didn't even wait to find what your opinion was.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-05T19:56:29+00:00

    You are so very right. Our opinions have been taken away if they do not agreed with them because of their bias guildlines.

    It has become the norm. I have read comment that are disgusting and use fowl lanuage but they are allowed,

    I have had it with MSN and have closed my account witt miscroft. This country has become one sided and we are paying the price. We need to join to fight harder again this!!!!

    The media and the far left are getting by with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments