IPSEC 0x89232001 Forza Horizon 4

Anonymous
2021-05-21T20:47:59+00:00

Hi there,

I’ve been getting an IPSEC 0x89232001 error in forza horizon 4 which says that the DNS cannot resolve an address when connecting to an online lobby. I’ve tried multiple DNS’s and flushed them using cmd and then registered it again as suggested by Xbox support team which didn’t help. I’ve seen multiple questions about fixing this but none seem to have a definitive answer. I’ve also tried looking in windows settings and seeing if the teredo state is okay and everything seems alright.

Any support is appreciated as I’m quite invested into this game

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-31T16:39:29+00:00

    Hi everyone! It seems to be fixed for me now after over a week of no luck :D

    Official sources say they are still working on it, but I think they are covering edge cases now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-25T06:57:22+00:00

    I've been able to play with friends last night.
    The Horizon Life matchmaking still doesn't work, but we have been able to join us through the Xbox App / Windows Game Bar (we all play on PC).

    We were then able to join the convoy and see other players online on the map !

    Still no Forzathon Live ... :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-24T13:29:30+00:00

    Same issue there also.

    Tried everything mentionned here and FM forums without any chance.

    I keep getting 0x89232001 and 0x89232000 errors.

    The ingame auctions work and I can do the Winter's Series but no Forzathon Live wich means ... the Peugeot 207 will never be mine under 20MCR xD

    yep,  its annoying. On my support ticket I asked how long it would take, they responsded saying that there is no ETA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-24T12:26:16+00:00

    Hi! , I have the same problem my game doesn't connect to the life horizon but the teredo it's working fine 

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-22T20:46:31+00:00

    See if these various reported fixes work for that IPSEC error:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54p66f/...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54cx47/...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/killerinstinct/comment...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/9k43y1/...
    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts... (SAS Bacon post and replies)
    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts...
    https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_posts...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3I1Kspv5f4

    If none of those help then go over your DNS settings:
    https://www.technipages.com/flush-and-reset-the...
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-...
    https://www.lifewire.com/solving-dns-server-not...

    Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

    I’ve tried all these steps and no luck. My teredo is appearing to work fine and no ports are blocked . I feel like all these solutions are the same thing which never works

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments