EOS ERR 1603 epic games online installer

Anonymous
2021-04-02T23:52:15+00:00

I keep getting this error message when triyng to install the epic games online services installer- EOS ERR 1603 - I already have Microsoft Framework 3.5 installed on my hard drive- not sure how to fix this- it seems to be making my EPic Games unusable which sucks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-02T04:06:53+00:00

    Greetings,

    I was able to get the update installed, I'm not claiming that this is the solution, however this worked for me. I usually install EPIC on a separate drive than my main windows drive, so this time I updated my .Net to the latest (as of this post is 5.0) then I installed the Launcher on my main windows drive, during the install process it actually installed the online services at the same time. So my error was in this case fixed, not sure if it was from the update to .Net or if it was installing the Launcher on my main windows drive, but between the two the problem has been fixed for me, hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-05T06:00:50+00:00

    Another option that seems to work just fine if you happen to already have your Epic Games Launcer installed on another drive other than C:.

    Create the Epic Games folder in:

    C:\Program Files (x86)

    So you path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games.

    Then run the EpicOnlineServics.msi from

    [MY INSTALL LOCATION]\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\EOS\EpicOnlineServics.msi

    This way you don't have to go through reinstalled the laucher to where you don't want it.

    Thx for this solution. If you do that, where gets the EOS installed? In the C folder or at its regular location, next to the launcher?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-12T23:01:46+00:00

    Another option that seems to work just fine if you happen to already have your Epic Games Launcer installed on another drive other than C:.

    Create the Epic Games folder in:

    C:\Program Files (x86)

    So you path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games.

    Then run the EpicOnlineServics.msi from

    [MY INSTALL LOCATION]\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\EOS\EpicOnlineServics.msi

    This way you don't have to go through reinstalled the laucher to where you don't want it.

    This solved the issue for me, thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-02T11:11:21+00:00

    For anyone who has this error and has Epic Games Launcher installed on a hard drive that isn't their Windows drive, I fixed the error by installing the launcher onto my Windows drive. That's the only fix I've found so far, it seems to be an issue with EGS not knowing how to install correctly on a non-windows partition.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-03T01:07:01+00:00

    Hi Beau. II'm Greg, awarded MVP for eleven years, Volunteer Moderator, and Independent Advisor here to help you until this is resolved.

    Can I see a screenshot of the entire error so I can see what you're seeing? Here's how to take one and attach using Attach Image button in reply box: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/o...

    There are fixes for known issues of Epic Games online services installer failing to install:

    https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games...

    https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games...

    https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games...

    https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games...

    Right click task bar to open Task Manager. If necessary show More Details

    On Details tab look for msiexec.exe, highlight to End Task.

    Now try install or uninstall again.

    If this doesn’t help you can try to Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/...

    This can be symptomatic of corruption. I would go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 16 to test a new Local Admin account. Then continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

    Feel free to ask back any questions, or report back results as you go.

    _______________________________

    Linked tutorial is from a trusted Microsoft MVP

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments