on the day of reset everything was fine but today after using laptop for 3 hours letting it idle for 40 mins i started playing black ops cold war and usually it crashes under 4-5 min but this time it crashed after 8 mins same whea uncorrectable error to no bootable device , i let it stay off for 2 mins then start it again the laptop starts normally i open chrome to reply here and in mid of my typing it crashes again same bsod whea uncorrectable error but this time it didnt show no bootable device
Acer predator helios 300 bsod to no bootable device
Laptop works fine until I start playing games then it bsods to whea uncorrectable error sometimes kernel data inpage error and then shows no bootable device. If I let it stay off for 5-10 min then try starting it , it will start completely fine , also when it shows no bootable drive my windos ssd is not detected in bios , I have 2 nvme ssds , in bios the other one shows as hdd0 and my windows one shows as hdd1
Things I've done - chkdsk , sfc /scannow , reset with files , DISM restore health , intel cpu diagnostic , checked SSD with sea tools shows 92% health also ran memory test nothing has helped please help also I don't get any dump files whatsoever I've tried everything to get dumps to work but it just won't
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-03-02T07:49:58+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2021-03-01T12:37:47+00:00 Hi Bhupesh
You only need to delete the partitions on the system disk, do not touch any other drive . . .
-
Anonymous
2021-03-01T12:33:19+00:00 I also have my 2nd ssd connected and it is showing as drive 0 partition 1: Acer , do I need to delete this paartition too or I can just delete drive 1 partitions and proceed ?
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2021-03-01T12:25:41+00:00 Hi Bhupesh
For each of those partitions, select the partition and click Delete
When the whole drive is marked as 'Unallocated Space', select that space and click 'Next' to begin the installation . . .
-
Anonymous
2021-03-01T12:22:04+00:00 Well I got very frustrated today and thought of the clean install option I have a doubt though when I was trying to install the setup showed 2 options namely upgrade and custom , upgrade lets me keep my files and custom removes everything so I went ahead with custom and now I have 5 different places under drive 1 to install windows 1st is partition 1 : Esp with 100mb total size (system) 2nd is partition 2 which is 16mb (MSR(reserved)) 3rd is partition 3 acer 237.4gb (primary) 4th is partition 4: recovery 1gb in which 549 is free (recovery) and 6th is unallocated space 8mb
Edit: NVM I didn't see that the setup isn't letting me install in anything except 237.4gb partition so do I format the partition or just click next