Your Phone / Link to Windows - stuck at 60% during set up

Anonymous
2021-02-01T20:37:45+00:00

Hi, I am trying to connect my phone (Galaxy Note 10) with my laptop (Dell XPS 15), however it's been stuck at 60% per the screenshot below. I have tried restarting both devices and apps but it has not changed. Please advise on how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T07:31:52+00:00

    I TOO HAVE SAME PROBLEM UNTILL YESTERDAY ,

    I HAVE TRIED CERTAIN THINGS AND IT WORKED FOR ME , YOU CAN ALSO TRY IT ONCE

    THESE ARE THE STEPS I HAVE FOLLOWED

    1. IN YOUR MOBILE SET THE PHONE COMPANION APP (IN APP INFO) NO BATTERY OPTIMIZATION
    2. SEE THAT IN PC YOU PHONE APP RUNS ON BACK GROUND
    3. RESET YOUR PHONE APP ON PC (APPS AND FEATURES)

    BY DOING THIS IT WORKED FOR ME ,PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER IT IS USEFUL OR NOT

    THANK YOU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T15:11:12+00:00

    Phone app is working now . Thank you very much John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T10:03:47+00:00

    I had the same problem with my Galaxy S10. Was working and then stopped. Lots of frustrating head scratching ..... Settings --> Accounts and backup --> Manage accounts --> DELETE SKYPE Account

    Make sure any VPN on PC/Phone is disconnected.

    Run the "Your Phone" app on the PC, generate the QR Code

    Run "Link to Windows" on S10

    Scan the QR Code

    Job Done

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T06:59:31+00:00

    Thank you Microsoft for Finally introducing a simple PIN based Linking!!! Worked like a charm!

    Mine never had a secondary account - nothing could be removed based. Was getting super jealous with that solving so many people's installations :D

    Finally Microsoft gave me an alternative!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-13T05:48:54+00:00

    Hello guys! I could fix it.

    I just went to the accounts in my android device, and realized there are 2 accounts linked to the Your Phone app. gmail and hotmail.

    I just removed the gmail attached to your phone and it's working for me.

    I wish it works for you.

    have a nice day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments