Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

Anonymous
2021-02-16T00:50:56+00:00

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS. 

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-21T21:38:07+00:00

    Can you do

    dir X:\Windows\inf\AMD*.inf

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-21T21:19:37+00:00

    Inputted the command, says it couldn’t find the file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-20T07:23:37+00:00

    OK. I think I figured it out.

    20H2 has newer drivers for AMD SATA but they probably don't have your hardware ID.

    Let's open the command prompt using Shift-F10.

    del x:\Windows\Inf\AMD_SATA.INF

    Now let's go back to the Windows Setup GUI and where you Load Driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-20T01:22:38+00:00

    Yeah, it's the correct mb. The installer didn't say it found a driver to install, but when I went into the file manually and clicked on the folder with win10 64 it allowed me to install it. Though it didn't look like it did anything. It's worth noting that this mb hasn't been touched since I installed it first like 5` yrs ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-19T20:03:42+00:00

    Yeah. It's going to be storage drivers that you need to get it to recognize your SATA devices.

    Was that link to your motherboard support correct? When you loaded the driver did it pop up it found a driver to install?

    Do you have an older version of Windows 10 install?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments