I have already post link to latest CU. Those two are 3 months old.
Old fixes are included to latest CU. That's why those are called Cumulative Updates.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello All
Hope You All Are Doing Great..
So I Was Having Problems With The Windows Update, Searched On Internet But Didn’t Find Any Usable Results; So I Decided To Do An In-Place Upgrade> Downloaded MCT>Got A Fresh Copy Of Windows Iso…
But
When I Started The Setup, It Showed That The “Keep Personal Files, Apps And Settings” Is Greyed Out, And The “Keep Personal Files Option” Is Greyed Out Too..
So I Was Left With Just Nothing Option But Had A Whooping 50 Gb Off Photos,Videos And Docs On My Pc And No One Would Like To Ever Wipe Of Them..
And The Reason Was That “Your Files, Apps, And Settings Can’t Be Kept Because Your Current Version Of Windows Might Be Installed In An Unsupported Directory Or You’re Trying To Install An Older Version Of Windows.”
Again Searched Internet And Found About The Registry And Directories But My PC Was Good In The Registry…
So I Found That This Is A Bug With Windows 10 Version 19042 At This Site: [Fix] Can't Repair Install Windows 10 20H2 - Your Windows Guide …
So Should I Make The Changes Because The Site States That “Important : The Fix Is Only ApplicableTo Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042. DoingThis On Other Releases May Lead To PC InAn Unbootable State.”
Any Suggestion Or Fix Will Be Really Helpful
And Ohh Yes My Windows Specifications
Edition: Windows 10 Pro
Version: 20H2
Installed On: 22-12-2020
OS Build : 19042.631
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Device name OPTIPLEX3020
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB
Device ID 585EDC1A-1A5D-40DE-B9D1-0A830576C5E6
Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Thank You All
Hope This Is Understandable
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have already post link to latest CU. Those two are 3 months old.
Old fixes are included to latest CU. That's why those are called Cumulative Updates.
I would download & install the update manually:
Sorry to hear the batch file didn’t work.
From what I understand you just need to run the batch file & no other program then run the in-place repair.
The .exe you mention is part of the .bat file & isn’t run separately.
No Problem Ma'am
Actually First I Tried running the .bat file as administrator and then restarted the computer and saw the version was the same and keep-nothing option was still only left..
then i ran the batch file and app both and restart the PC but same thing happened..
Sorry to hear the batch file didn’t work.
From what I understand you just need to run the batch file & no other program then run the in-place repair.
The .exe you mention is part of the .bat file & isn’t run separately.
Purpose of this patch is yo make those registry changes what are advised to do on instructions behind that link you posted on your opening of this thread: Can't Repair Install Windows 10 20H2 - Your Windows Guide …
If you open regedit and check those two keys those should have been changed.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EditionVersion key.
- “EditionBuildNumber”=dword:00004a62 ==> Change this key to the 4a61 instead of 4a62.
- “EditionBuildQfe”=dword:0000023c ==> Change the value of 23c to 1fc
Thank You sir
But I will now Let It Be Like It is
I will directly go for the 21H1 Upgrade in may
This Is what the registry looks like now
And Also This Is the Error Code which was reported by windows update-0x800F0900