Failed to Install - Feature update to windows 10,version 1909

Anonymous
2020-07-25T13:02:35+00:00

Whenever I update my windows (for feature update) I get the same error stating Failed to install with error code **0x800707e7.While restarting (after downloading and installing feature update) it gets completed around 70% (sometimes 40%) and gets loaded for sometime stating undoing changes made to your computer and then gets restarted with the old version 1809.**Still now I might have tried upto 5 times. I have even tried various ways but nothing worked.So, I left this update and tried to update my windows to version 2004 using windows assistant, Even after that i ended in the same problem.So, I came here for an help.Someone Please help me out.Thanks in advance.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-01T14:02:12+00:00

    So in your Users folder, there is not entry for both H and h? 

    If you go to your User Accounts dialog, is there another user listed there?  Search box type control Panel and go to User Accounts..

    If the listing above came from an upgrade attempt after you had removed the Oracle software, you still have those service profiles installed.. or showing as installed..  You also show a user profile for your system.. Do you know why that is there?  Are you running a Domain type install?  That one also does not show in the net user listing..  You might need to use the Domain switch with Net User to see it..  Maybe something like

    net user /domain

    I don't know anything about a Proxy Server, but are you using one of those?  VPN operations going on with the system.. 

    As you can tell, at this point I can only guess about some situation which may be involved..

    Could you have originally set the user as h and later changed it to H?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-01T13:23:09+00:00

    Sir,

    Just now I have tried to update with the setup file in the esd folder . I again got the same failure but I have found something.

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\Users\h

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\Users\H

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\Users\Administrator.LAPTOP-D7EV3J4B

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleVssWriterORCL

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleOraDB19Home1TNSListener

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleOraDB19Home1TNSListenerLISTENER19

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleVssWriterLAB1

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleServiceORCL

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleServiceLAB1

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleVssWriterORCL1

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleServiceORCL1

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Processing profile: C:\windows\ServiceProfiles\OracleOraDB19Home1MTSRecoveryService

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info                  MIG    Adding indirect mapping for HKCU (F:\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT) to 0x80000003, S-1-0-0

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info       [0x0803e2] MIG    Adding indirect mapping from HKCU to <F:\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT> loaded at HKEY_USERS\S-1-0-0 (R/W)

    2020-08-01 17:56:10, Info       [0x0803e4] MIG    Successfully mapped HKCU

    I found this in the setupact.log sir. As u said there is a profile h and H exists but these are not visible in the user list.

    can I know what to do sir.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-01T12:49:18+00:00

    Well, maybe the h was there due to the Oracle software or something is stuck in the registry.. 

    You went through the suggested process for repairing your normal Windows Updates..  If you are still not getting any new updates you might going though that procedure again.  But I was wondering, does it seem to make a difference as to when or what time of day you try doing updates?  Could there be some local situation causing the drivers not to download..

    Since the failures all happened earlier, if you click on one of them does it give you any options?

    Are you having any situations with your battery?

    It has been long enough for your system to start getting the normal Windows updates.  It might be time to try another upgrade..  At lease, we could see what may have changed to see if another situation if involved..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-01T05:41:54+00:00

    Sir, This is the result of the command net user

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-01T05:22:50+00:00

    Sir, I have forgot to inform you that only driver update (which too have been successfully installed the last time as mentioned last time )and the feature update was failing .The definition updates were successfully installed all the

    time without any errors.

    I do have another question can I try to update the failed driver updates with windows update catlog

    ?? 🤔🤔

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments