snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-14T13:36:15+00:00

    The app doesn't appear on my list either, but the 6 stage process listed earlier has worked for me in the past. I think it is just an unreliable app. Last week I couldn't snip, this week I can yet I have done nothing to amend any settings! Sorry I can't offer any help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-12T15:05:45+00:00

    Right and thanks for the quick reply. I did that earlier and Snip & Sketch isn't on the list. I didn't see a way to add it (or any applications) ... I even tried advanced options within the S&S app. So still scratching my head ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-14T18:53:48+00:00

    I tried every suggestion in this thread and have spent hours trying to fix this issue.  It worked last week just fine and now this week it is broken.  The only thing it will snip is the lock screen, despite being in another microsoft program.  The different options are no longer available and it opens as a full window and nothing else can be displayed.  I am not sure what happened and I am so frustrated. Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I was hoping at least one would restore snip and sketch.  I use it daily for my work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-14T14:56:03+00:00

    Frustrating ... and I've tried some other deep-ish system fixes suggested online. So it goes and given the world's problems having to use snip isn't the worst that could happen. I do feel Win10 gets creakier with every update ... something always seems to break. But I appreciate the response and the moral support. Cheers!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-01T17:06:32+00:00

    For starters, generic "fixes" *might* solve problems but not often in my experience. 

    Try this.  Look in Settings > notifications and actions and see if Snip and Sketch is enabled.  If not, enable it and try your snip again.  If Snip and Sketch is not in your notification list, I have no idea how to fix that problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments