Cannot download GroupMe for windows

Anonymous
2020-07-01T18:45:00+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to download the GroupMe app for my PC (win 10, 2004) in the new Edge browser but it does not work.

When I hit the "Get" button I see a message that "This site is trying to to open URL: ms-windows-store". When I click on open, the message disappears and nothing happens.

What is going on here?

Thanks,

Ed

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-07-07T19:29:55+00:00

It repairs the windows store app. See if you can open the Windows Store now from Start menu and install GroupMe.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T15:07:43+00:00

    I cannot open that WindowsApps folder even when going through the entire routine (security tab, etc.). Never get the permission.

    I will attempt to restore.

    Thanks again for all your help.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T21:15:29+00:00

    Interesting, it appears from Powershell that Windows Store code base on the system is missing entirely.

    Do the following for me:

    Go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps (WindowsApps folder is hidden so you will need to enable to option in explorer to view hidden files)

    In WindowsApps folder look for a foldername that start with Microsoft.WindowsStore_....

    Confirm if anything like that exists.

    Either way, we need to restore the missing Windows Store so open an elevated command prompt (cmd or powershell will do) and run the following commands:

    DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth

    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Restart your device when done

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T20:36:59+00:00

    The first 2 options don't work.

    Link: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmJDSHVJFDDtauvDNxb-P9NfNmU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T20:10:42+00:00

    Try Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore

    If that does not work, then run the following: Get-AppxPackage | Out-File C:\WinApps.txt

    Go into C: and locate the WinApp.txt file and upload to OneDrive, Google Driver, or whatever share file service you like, make it shareable and post the link to it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments