Focused window bleed onto second monitor

Anonymous
2020-07-21T12:44:58+00:00

Hi all,

A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-01T15:15:15+00:00

    I have had exactly the same experience. Setup an additional monitor below my original screen at 125% scaling. Later changed the screen to 100% scaling and started seeing the window bleed into my top screen. Changing the monitor back to 125% fixed the problem. This solution works fine in my case but I would like to know why this is happening and would like to have the freedom to adjust my scaling without seeing the window bleed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T05:24:42+00:00

    I have the same issue. My OCD wont let it go, and id appreciate the help resolving this. I've spent the last 3 hours trying everything to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T13:33:35+00:00

    I'm having this exact same issue on a laptop. I have a screen setup for this laptop at work and at home and this bleeding issue is present on both setups. If I have an application full screened on one screen, I will see its edges on the bordering screens.

    I tried changing the resulolution and scale, like suggested in previous posts but the problem persists.

    I believe this starting showed up after I finished installing the 2004 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more