Focused window bleed onto second monitor

Anonymous
2020-07-21T12:44:58+00:00

Hi all,

A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T16:09:02+00:00

    Amazingly it seems to be fixed in windows 11 insider preview for me :) - That was one of the first things I tested and all windows on all screens are staying on their own screen..

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T05:10:22+00:00

    I have the same set up.  2 side by side on top, 2 side by side on the bottom.  Display settings wouldn't let me separate the monitors they way you describe.  My bottom 2 monitors are the same, the ones on top are different and different sizes.  Maybe that's the problem with mine?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-05T08:53:20+00:00

    As far as I know, there is no real solution for this at the moment but it is possible to use Microsofts powertoys to workaround this until it is solved.

    https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys

    This will help you manage your zones in different layouts aswell as work around the issue. Since you can change layouts using windows key + %, and choose the full screen layout by setting the amount of open apps to 1. This way it will take up the full screen without being maximized and without the border being shown aswell.

    Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T09:06:44+00:00

    I had this same issue. In my case my MAIN display was the extended display. You have a checkbox in display settings 'Make this my main display'. Make sure it is checked for your laptop's display and NOT for your extended display. The issue seems to be resolved for me when I made this change.

    So, in short you just have to make sure your main display is your laptop's display and NOT the extended one.

    My setup looks like this - I have one extended display on top of my windows laptop.

    I hope this helps! Thanks!

    Unfortunately this doesn't help in my case, my laptop's display is selected as main display and the issue is still there. Setup is the same as yours.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Reza-Ameri 45,896 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2020-07-21T15:11:51+00:00

    Would you mind explain about "Focused"? 

    Are you referring to maximize the screen?

    In this case, you are saying let say the menu is in first screen and when you maximize it , it moved to the second one?

    Or how could reproduce this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments