NetBT 4311 Error causing new computer to restart

Anonymous
2020-06-09T09:40:27+00:00

Hi there,

Recently built my first PC and I have been getting the following two 4311 NetBT errors which causes my PC to restart, this happens only when playing Valorant.

Windows 10 64 bit

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C001000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

I really have no idea what this means and trying to Google a fix has lead me nowhere. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T12:48:22+00:00

    I got the same issue once today, it hasn't repeated yet.  Interesting that someome mentioned Oculus and VPN software as I run both (Oculus is well known for releasing buggy ****).

    That said in my case it was on a reboot after a power cut and the error doesn't shut down or reboot my system.

    Given a lot of people are saying they run NordVPN and the issue corrected after uninstall, it might well be Windows not playing nice with VPN software I think mine occured when Cyberghost VPN was initialising. I have had Cyberghost service terminated unexpectedly messages on occasion too. While that sadly doesn't help anyone directly it might be worth trying removing your VPN software and seeing if it helps, you can always put it back one you have confirmed or negated the issue has resolved.

    I am not doing that at the moment as i have only had the error once and like i said after a power cut but i will monitor it with interest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-11T08:36:26+00:00

    I was come up with this post with the same issue, I had uninstalled Nord but the problem still remains. After checking everything I found that my PC voltage drops until below 200V because of a bad cable. Replace with the good one cable it's solved my problem.

    I'm not sure this is because of my Nord VPN or hardware problem related to power cable or PSU. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem even after uninstalling Nord VPN.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T11:32:08+00:00

    I recommend NordVPN xD

    It needs to get fixed is all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-20T14:53:49+00:00

    I have switched my memories to another slot, now it's working fine. I have 2x16GB.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-18T15:20:35+00:00

    Same here,  I have been getting two 4311 NetBT errors on boot up. This seems to be a common issue in Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments