NetBT 4311 Error causing new computer to restart

Anonymous
2020-06-09T09:40:27+00:00

Hi there,

Recently built my first PC and I have been getting the following two 4311 NetBT errors which causes my PC to restart, this happens only when playing Valorant.

Windows 10 64 bit

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C001000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the  Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were  available, the string represents a cluster device name. 

I really have no idea what this means and trying to Google a fix has lead me nowhere. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T23:06:30+00:00

    This probably isn't going help most of you but I reapplied the thermal paste on my CPU after realising I hadn't done it for almost 8 years.

    It's been three days and I haven't had a crash/lock up yet. If your standard OS/driver checks yield nothing then take a look at your components and begin swapping them out systematically until you a isolated the issue or notice something you may not have maintained very well.

    Simple OS checks you can do in powershell or cmd:

    sfc /scannow

    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

    Confirm you OS's hard drive is functioning properly:

    CHKDSK /f /r C:

    Goodluck everyone.

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-09T11:04:40+00:00

    Exact same issue exact same error codes. 

    Seems to happen to me at random times no matter what I'm doing with my PC has happened when playing games/browsing reddit/streaming netflix/working in excel etc etc

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-11T12:15:09+00:00

    I have the very same issue.

    I follow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T17:20:34+00:00

    I also have NordVPN installed and have these error events. Uninstalling now and will report back in a week or so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T15:03:18+00:00

    Any joy?  I have the same issue and also have NordVPN so I've uninstalled it and will see if it changes anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments