BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - Ndu.sys

Anonymous
2020-06-20T18:42:53+00:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some BSOD in the last few weeks. They happen at random times, usually with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED message, and in a few of them Ndu.sys seems to be the cause. No idea how to fix, I already tried updating drivers, firmware, deleting some software I installed recently but it still happens. Last time was a few minutes ago. I have the minidump file if needed.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-31T08:17:18+00:00

    Having a similar problem. Thinking about renaming ndu.sys as suggested by several posts and articles. Nothing else seems to work and the new 2004 version update didn't, as many have already said. There's a Regedit fix I've read about, but I'm loathe to try it. So renaming may be the next option--has anyone already done that? Similar to the fix above...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T18:02:56+00:00

    I can assure you that the 2004 update does NOT solve that problem. I have it installed and tried most everything, but it did not go away.

    Since two days I did not see a BSOD now, so perhaps my last attempt helped: I deleted ndu.sys and copied another version (from build 1907 I think it was) into the directory (using Linux to do that as these files are not easy to delete or change).

    Since then - for about 50 hours now - no more blue sceens.

    Keeping my fingers crossed though ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T23:59:16+00:00

    At random times even when not browsing the internet? It still happens to me (original poster) and I noticed many times it was just after I changed tab on the browser or clicked something. Could just be a coincidence, of course. But it's frustrating that no one can find a solution and nothing works.

    I've updated and disabled multiple drivers, unplugged internet cable and other tools, used only internet cable without wi-fi, did all sorts of memory and disk diagnostic, upgraded Windows to 1909... Nothing helped. I have the 2004 upgrade ready to download but at this point I have no hope of it fixing the issue (one other commentary had no luck with that either).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-05T23:21:30+00:00

    Ive been having this issue since around thr same time as the original poster as well.. nothing seems to work. Happens at random times. All my drivers seem to be updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-04T11:37:32+00:00

    I am still waiting for an answer.... Please give better customer service!

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments