How can I connect my Win 11 device to my dad's computer for parental controls?

Anonymous
2024-01-16T16:44:58+00:00

I helped my dad in setting up my Microsoft account on the family safety software, the only problem is I can't connect my computer to his computer, it says I need to do that for activity and location display. We've tried so many things to the point where I've lost count. Signing into my account on his computer, reading some suggested help pages, and contacting a live chat agent to name a few, none of which helped! I also can provide the reference number from the live chat conversation. please help.

Update: it's been a few hours since I posted this, someone named emily replied with suggestions but now whenever I try to reply to them, it says something went wrong.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T18:04:17+00:00

    Ok so to confirm, it says that site is unavailable temporarily due to maintenance whenever my dad tries to access it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T17:54:42+00:00

    I did sign in with my dad's account on that link, my mistake i said I signed in, i meant that I signed in with my dad's account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T17:53:16+00:00

    for the final step after restarting my dad's computer for the first time and signing in with my dad's account, do I sign in with my account after the 2nd restart. I tried everything you suggested and my desktop still isn't connected in family safety

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-01-16T17:37:20+00:00

    I don't think you are following my instruction.

    Can you confirm two things:

    1. Is your account listed in your dad's family group when he go to https://account.live.com/family
    2. On his computer, go to Settings > Accounts > family, do you see your email listed there? Is it set as allow sign in..

    Please follow my instructions closely. Any mistake here can cause it not towork.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T17:36:23+00:00

    Ok so i just checked my desktop's name and it does not match up with the connected device, I will now follow along with your provided steps. My desktop is Desktop-UKJBC2A.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments