I have awesome news!! My computer just now shows up as connected under my name in family safety, the device name. Now I only need to remove my dad's computer from my account. Plus my mom wants me to not be administrator on my computer, is that possible? If yes, are there any serious side effects of doing so? If no, please let me know how I can remove myself from the administrator role on my computer.
How can I connect my Win 11 device to my dad's computer for parental controls?
I helped my dad in setting up my Microsoft account on the family safety software, the only problem is I can't connect my computer to his computer, it says I need to do that for activity and location display. We've tried so many things to the point where I've lost count. Signing into my account on his computer, reading some suggested help pages, and contacting a live chat agent to name a few, none of which helped! I also can provide the reference number from the live chat conversation. please help.
Update: it's been a few hours since I posted this, someone named emily replied with suggestions but now whenever I try to reply to them, it says something went wrong.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-01-21T22:07:43+00:00 -
EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-01-21T18:07:37+00:00 It will be on the computer, but in a different folder, hence you need to transfer it from the old user folder to the new.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-21T17:32:34+00:00 If your data is saved locally, when you did the transfer like I mentioned in my last reply, it will transfer over.
So you’re saying without the mentioned transfer, my Steam games without cloud saves won’t remain on the computer?
-
EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-01-21T16:21:24+00:00 To remove your dad's device under your account, go to your dad's computer, go to Settings > Accounts > Family, if your email is listed there, change it to "cannot sign in".
Then go on the web browser, go to https://account.live.com/devices, sign in as yours, if the device is still listed, you can remove it from there as well.
==================
If your data is saved locally, when you did the transfer like I mentioned in my last reply, it will transfer over.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-21T14:38:19+00:00 two more questions and hopefully these are the last. How can I remove my dad's computer from under my name in family safety? I'll attach a screenshot so you know what I mean, the desktop that says "IMS3PFE" is my dad's. The other question, for example if I have a game on steam that doesn't have cloud save, will the data be lost after I follow the steps you provided? If you aren't sure, can you ask someone who is? Thank you! Plus here is one other windows device connected which I'm not sure who it belongs to, since there is no device name. ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/5ef551f0-7879-45d4-901a-8166afc8a97a?platform=QnA