Alright I just signed in and I see that a desktop[ is connected under my name although im not sure how to confirm if it is my own desktop. It's DESKTOP-IMS3PFE. I never saw this beforenow.
How can I connect my Win 11 device to my dad's computer for parental controls?
I helped my dad in setting up my Microsoft account on the family safety software, the only problem is I can't connect my computer to his computer, it says I need to do that for activity and location display. We've tried so many things to the point where I've lost count. Signing into my account on his computer, reading some suggested help pages, and contacting a live chat agent to name a few, none of which helped! I also can provide the reference number from the live chat conversation. please help.
Update: it's been a few hours since I posted this, someone named emily replied with suggestions but now whenever I try to reply to them, it says something went wrong.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-01-16T17:31:58+00:00 -
EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-01-16T17:29:12+00:00 No, that link is for your dad to sign in, not you. The purchase is to check to see if you are added as a family member.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-16T17:27:03+00:00 ok so I need to sign in with my dad's account on that link?
-
EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-01-16T17:19:10+00:00 Hello Hassan, this is Emily.
So you want to be the child member and your dad is the organizer right?
First of all, you need to make sure you are in your dad's family group. On the computer, go to https://account.live.com, sign in with your dad's account, then go to Family. See if you are already added as a family member. If not, he needs to add you. Then you get the invite, and you can join.
After that, on his computer, make sure your dad has an account for himself using his own Microsoft account. And this user must be an admin user.
If you had previously added your account already on his computer, please while signing in as your dad's account, hold down Windows + R, type in netplwiz and press enter, then remove your account there first.
Restart the computer, sign in with your dad's account again. Go to Settings > Accounts > family, scroll down, you will find your email listed. Change the settings to allow sign in.
Restart the computer again, now you will see your account listed for log in. It should be all set from here. It is very important that you never change your Windows user on that computer into admin user. If you do that, none of the family safety feature will work.