Can we speak through a different platform, yesterday it kept saying “oops try again” whenever I tried to reply to your comments
How can I connect my Win 11 device to my dad's computer for parental controls?
I helped my dad in setting up my Microsoft account on the family safety software, the only problem is I can't connect my computer to his computer, it says I need to do that for activity and location display. We've tried so many things to the point where I've lost count. Signing into my account on his computer, reading some suggested help pages, and contacting a live chat agent to name a few, none of which helped! I also can provide the reference number from the live chat conversation. please help.
Update: it's been a few hours since I posted this, someone named emily replied with suggestions but now whenever I try to reply to them, it says something went wrong.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-01-17T13:14:52+00:00 -
EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-01-16T21:12:17+00:00 Ok, then everything looks fine though. Explain to me - you said you wanted to connect your computer to your dad's computer. What do you mean exactly by saying that? You want to see each other's computer in the network, or you want to share files with each other? I am trying to understand how that has to do with Family Safety feature, because your family safety is set up correctly.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-16T21:05:50+00:00 Also I tried removing myself from the family group on my dad’s computer before reading myself, now it says this on my screen, can you walk me through what to do? I’m confused by what it means with “the computer” and “the device” does it mean my pc or my dad’s desktop?
-
Anonymous
2024-01-16T21:04:09+00:00 On both sides it says “can sign in”
-
EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-01-16T20:42:13+00:00 Very good. Now next to it, does it say "can sign in", or "can't sign in"?