How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-01-19T01:05:17+00:00

I'm using Windows 11.

When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I just want to download photos locally onto my PC so that I can move them to an external hard drive. Please help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T23:58:27+00:00

    I went to the folder suggested using the protocol but found only a few images rather than the thousands that are on my iphone. How do I view the iphone images (iPhone 11) on my laptop. The phone is linked to my lap top by a cable and I have clicked the share button in the lower right when plugged in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-29T16:38:23+00:00

    on sky devices 4g lte im getting nowhere, my desktop wants to import photos, but i dont see how on phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-03T00:05:58+00:00

    I do not own a cell phone, I have a Lexar USB 3.0 external device that I have used for years to down load my photos from my camera video card. How do I down load my photo when I keep getting the message to use Microsoft Photos and I am unwilling and unable to do so. This stinks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T00:34:32+00:00

    made a new folder but it still is under icloud help

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T12:50:17+00:00

    When I insert a memory card from my camera into the USB ( proper slot) in my P.C. nothing happens after using it for years. My lap top works fine with same memory chip and imports photos as usual.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments