Win 10 2004 chkdsk stuck on 100%

Anonymous
2020-09-09T18:19:27+00:00

I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

How should this be fixed please

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-09-09T18:22:40+00:00

Hi Phil

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

if that disk checking has completed to 100%, then if you cannot interact with your PC, press and hold the power button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Wait a few seconds, then start your PC again . . .

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T20:11:59+00:00

    Always the same problem with Lenovo IdeaPad S340: Win 10 version ->21H1, all patches installed.

    When will Microsoft solve the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-25T09:12:50+00:00

    Same problem. Lenovo E540 laptop, Samsung SSD 860 EVO (latest firmware), Windows Home 21H1, no 3rd party antivirus. No disk errors reported in Event Log (after hard reset), chkdsk check was forced manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T09:43:57+00:00

    I also have the same problem on my or my colleague's laptop. When ever we did a disk check, it will hung at 100% no matter the FS is corrputed or not. Seems a checkdsk bug

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.804]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T19:10:41+00:00

    I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

    It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

    How should this be fixed please

    Everyone, please confirm,  that the error only affects Lenovo laptops.

    Thank You.

    I believe so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments