Win 10 2004 chkdsk stuck on 100%

Anonymous
2020-09-09T18:19:27+00:00

I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

How should this be fixed please

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-09-09T18:22:40+00:00

Hi Phil

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

if that disk checking has completed to 100%, then if you cannot interact with your PC, press and hold the power button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Wait a few seconds, then start your PC again . . .

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-13T08:57:08+00:00

    This is clear evidence that there is a Bug !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T21:13:13+00:00

    So .,. up on reading everyones issues, seems like Microsoft decided to leave it stuck on 100% for SSD owners to prevent further data loss due to some sort of SSD Cache memory dealing with RESET / POWER DOWN signal problem that might occur?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-02T13:01:59+00:00

    "Failed" is error. 

    Congratulations!  You found a Bug ... exactly as I expected.

    Therefore, the Windows can't restart the system after 100% of chkdsk command,  because it didn't end by normal status, but with this error.

    Confirm all of you, who has this problem, that chkdsk /f (procedure as described above!!!) reports the same error:

    " Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6."

    ...and when that is true, send this error to Microsoft to have it resolved as soon as possible.

    Nice to meet you and have a nice day ! :)

    I experience the same symptoms when running chkdsk on boot/reboot and receive the same error on my system (which is definitely not a Lenovo laptop). I'm running Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit (21H1).

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-21T18:42:39+00:00

    Try it from Safe mode and attach the results list. I have experience that we will learn more about the problem.

    Hi I'm experiencing the same issue. Samnsung SSD + October update.

    Running chkdsk from safe mode ask anyway to reboot, and stuck at the end to 100%. THe only way is brutaly shutdown and restart

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments