Win 10 2004 chkdsk stuck on 100%

Anonymous
2020-09-09T18:19:27+00:00

I have run chkdsk as admin as I thought I may have some network file errors.

It ran OK and now is stuck displaying "scanning and repairing drive (C:): 100%

How should this be fixed please

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2020-09-09T18:22:40+00:00

Hi Phil

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

if that disk checking has completed to 100%, then if you cannot interact with your PC, press and hold the power button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a hard shut down

Wait a few seconds, then start your PC again . . .

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-30T06:07:48+00:00

    I've the same problem.

    My O.S. is Windows 10 PRO version 2004 build 19041.508.

    From "Windows PowerShell (administrator)" I ran the command: chkdsk c: /f /r /spotfix

    Since this is unit "C", the check is performed on restart.

    So, I restart my computer, but the disk check process, after phase 5, remains in the "Scanning and repairing drive (C:) 100% complete" state.

    I found the same problem in two different computers, however, both having Samsung SSD disks (although different models).

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-22T06:18:25+00:00

    "Failed" is error. 

    Congratulations!  You found a Bug ... exactly as I expected.

    Therefore, the Windows can't restart the system after 100% of chkdsk command,  because it didn't end by normal status, but with this error.

    Confirm all of you, who has this problem, that chkdsk /f (procedure as described above!!!) reports the same error:

    " Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6."

    ...and when that is true, send this error to Microsoft to have it resolved as soon as possible.

    Nice to meet you and have a nice day ! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T19:31:17+00:00

    Occurs on many computers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-14T16:58:29+00:00

    Hi, thanks for your reply!

    My two SSD drives seem to have no problems anyway.

    I try to explain myself.

    When the process stuck at 100%, I have to reboot (or shut down) the computer brutally (= manually). Once restarted, I check the Windows Event Viewer, in particular under Wininit, to verify anyway the results of the chkdsk: everything is regular and no problem is detected or needs corrections.

    I'll try from safe mode anyway.

    Even after the October monthly update the problem persists in two of the three computers at my disposal ... (both having Samsung SSD disks).

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments