Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-08-03T01:03:40+00:00

The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page.  I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.

Please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-09-18T01:47:08+00:00

I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-07T04:57:06+00:00

    Same problem.

    My fix:

    Select Device Manager

    Select Network adapters:

    look for Intel adapters (mine was Intel Centrino Advance-N 6250 )

    Select Tag Power Management:

    Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

    Reply

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-08T09:21:57+00:00

    I spent the weekend re-installing and uninstalling drivers and pretty much tried alot of other suggestions but nothing worked. Pretty much one step short of resetting my windows, until i decided to dissect my computer to reconnect hardware to isolate problem. 

    And yes, who would have thought physically removing the power source for a short while fixed my bluetooth refresh problem. I was pretty happy that i didnt have to spent another few hours reinstalling windows but ...i felt defeated knowing that pulling the plug worked at the end of the day for me....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T03:44:53+00:00

    Hard shut down worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-06T04:05:05+00:00

    I've solved this already

    I uninstall the BlueSoleil driver that shows on my device manager and restart my laptop after. Fortunately, when it turned on the Intel wireless bluetooth is back.

    Thanks anyway

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments