Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-08-03T01:03:40+00:00

The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page.  I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.

Please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-09-18T01:47:08+00:00

I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-13T03:49:53+00:00

    I have a lenovo S340 laptop, so completing a reboot as suggested in the solution is not practical as there is no means to remove the battery.

    The fix for this laptop was to complete a hard shut-down (pressed and held the power button). After rebooting and a quick disk scan, the bluetooth began working properly.

    The windows troubleshooter did not provide instructions for a laptop (specifically) where unplugging a computer from the wall would solve the issue. It is possible I missed the hard shutdown instruction if provided in the troubleshooter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-18T02:12:01+00:00

    I'll give it a try.  It can't hurt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-17T15:00:56+00:00

    Hi, I have the same issue - I've factory reset my PC and it still thinks I dont have bluetooth on this PC.

    Did you ever work out what was wrong?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-03T01:07:26+00:00

    Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

    We suggest you to try the steps provided by Greg Carmack on this link:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Hope this helps

    Sincerely,

    Louie

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments