Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec download and 15-30 Megabits/sec upload (on a good day). When I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable my download speed is between 650 and 750 Megabits/sec and my upload is closer to 50 Megabits/sec. I have tried many suggestions online such as turning off automatic updates, and removing the reserve bandwidth for updates. changing the network adaptor settings to force gigabit speed rather than auto assign. I have even tried installing a new gigabit network card to see if it was a motherboard issue and no luck. I cant seem to find anything online to help me resolve this issue. Please help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
I had same issue. It was solved for me via following command in cmd. Previous value was disabled.
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Enter
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Hi, I was experiencing the exact same- I could plug my work laptop into exactly the same ethernet cable and get my ISP max of 500 mb/s- but on my desktop I was only getting 140-175 on average. I googled and searched, did countless cmd prompts and scans etc- nothing seemed to help.
Finally, I decided- I'll uninstall the network card and restart windows- see if this helps. And sure enough, after removing the network card drivers, and reinstalling (this is done automatically when you startup windows again) I am now getting max out of my desktop pc. I hope this also helps you and others if experiencing the same issue.
I had the same exact problem and tried all of the suggestions above and they didn't solve the issue. Then I came upon this support article from Intel (my network adapter is not Intel but the solution works): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058908/ethernet-products/intel-killer-ethernet-products.html
I've seen 1Gigabit on my network speed before but after restarting my pc it would show 10Mbit or 100Mbit if I was lucky. The issue was the ethernet cable (cat 5) which might be damaged and limited to 100Mbit now. I had a cat 6 cable and after switching to that now I have 1Gigabit speed :)
For better troubleshooting try to connect the cable directly from the router to the pc. I had mine coming from a wall jack which also might be part of the problem, so for now, I'm sticking to a direct connection. Hope this helps ;)
Hi,
I did the Malware and Adware scans with the tools you suggested and they found nothing.
I don't use any third party antivirus software.
I ran the commands you suggested and it said it did some repairs, but after the repairs there was no change to the download speed.