Exclude an exe from superfetch/prefetch

Anonymous
2020-09-02T19:08:46+00:00

Hi!

As I know it prefetch/superfetch creates .pf files for all executables that were previously runned.

As such I don't want windows to make a specific executable's .pf file through prefetch because I don't want to disable  prefetch entirely for this.

Any help would be gratefull.Including registry edits if an entry could be successfully made that excludes the exe.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-06T00:13:28+00:00

    U know what mate,I reinstalled my Windows 10 a lot just for the sake of running games like these fine with no crashes cuz I don't like tiniest of crashes I face and for that I just blow lots of time and brain just for fixing a little but frequent crash like this.

    Thanks for ur advice though!

    Sad news is i have an HDD

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-06T00:03:57+00:00

    No problem. If you really want to get this fixed, you can always try reinstalling the OS from scratch to see if that clears up the issue. Installing Windows 10 is relatively quick these days, especially on an SSD. what takes times rebuilding is reinstalling all your programs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-05T23:52:04+00:00

    Oh... Ok friend I am glad U helped me out on this.

    Thanks for providing the time and support!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-05T23:46:07+00:00

    Yes, gflags remains running. You can disable it by running gflags /p /disable DarkSoulsIII.exe.

    If no dump was created, then I say its time to call it quits on this. Heap corruption analysis is not really my forte anyways. I can do low-level but at this point we are going down a rabbit hole of complexity and I dont want to sacrifice your system stability chasing this one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-05T23:34:21+00:00

    William?U there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments