This is a Lenovo laptop.
I changed my user account name and now my laptop is unable to boot up.
C:\users\susan\
I didn't like my name was incomplete, it was "susan" insted of "susanta" in users folder. So i searched on internet to how to change it.
What I did: Win + r, searched "netplwiz", opened up a window called User Accounts, I select on the the only account(admin account), I click on properties, it opens up a new window allowing me to change my username, I change my username and click apply. But still the folder name is "susan". Then i can't find my account on the users list where I changed it. Then i think restart could solve my problem, But when i restart it won't boot up and can't auto repair.
Please help.please....
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-08-08T11:18:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-08-08T11:11:09+00:00 there are a bunch of weird instructions. just load the eufi settings from the motherboard
-
Anonymous
2020-08-08T11:02:46+00:00 Hi susan;
Is your pc customizer part of manufacture company like hp or dell or else?
-
Anonymous
2020-08-08T09:35:19+00:00 Already tried, but no success.
At the confirm disk tab the status shows "you must enable system protection on this device"
So i searched on internet and found that using some comand prompt(Rstrui.exe /offline:C:\windows=active) we can perform a system restore. And i did that but ended with an error.
Details: System Restore failed while restoring the registry from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070002)
Also tried reset this pc .But that won't work at all, saying "There was a problem resetting your pc".
-
Anonymous
2020-08-08T08:55:12+00:00 Hi Susan;
Do the same steps and when you Click "Troubleshoot" then click "Advanced options" finally click the "System Restore", from their you can select the date to revert your computer's state to that of a previous point in time and recover from system malfunctions or other problems.
Let me know if that works