I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T15:20:57+00:00

    This seemed clear enough and I followed the instructions but unfortunately it didn't fix my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-07T23:40:41+00:00

    Pariah16, please start a new thread of your own.

    I am trying to solve a different problem on this thread, and it is impossible to do so if other users "hijack" the thread.

    I will be happy to try to help, but not on this thread please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-03T06:09:38+00:00

    I noticed today I can receive emails using a pop 3 but cannot send e-mails out so don't know when this happened just tried to send an e-mail out today.

     I'm running windows10  32bit and WLM Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

    also found all my contacts have been lost.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-30T01:19:56+00:00

    Error Code: 800C013E

    Error Code 0x800C013E in Windows Live Mail usually means one of two things (but if neither of them solves your problem, don't despair: these are the two most common solutions, but there are other fixes which can be tried) --

    1. This error number can indicate a problem with the Windows Live Mail (WLM) store folder (the folder where data such as messages, calendars and account settings are stored by the program). It may be enough merely to re-index it:

     1. To open the Options dialogue, in Windows Live Mail select:  File > Options > Mail

        (or press the keys Ctrl+Shift+O for Options)

     2. On the "Advanced" tab, select:  Maintenance

     3. Change the setting for "Compact the database..." to 1

        so that it does the compacting every time WLM is run.

     4. Close that settings box, then close Windows Live Mail.

    You should see a message about "Recovering unused disk space". Wait for the program to finish doing that, then wait a few more minutes for the program to finish its housekeeping. In practice, this means waiting until your computer's disk-access light stops flashing, which - if you have lots of messages in WLM and a slow computer - might take up to 10 minutes.

     5. Re-launch Windows Live Mail. It might now work normally.

    2. If not, I suggest a clean reinstall of Windows Live Essentials 2011, as follows -

    1. Uninstall Windows Live Essentials by following the steps within this link:

       http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-uninstall-ui

    1. Delete the following folders for a clean installation:

       For 32 bit

       C:\Program Files\Windows Live

       C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live

       For 64 bit

       C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Live

       C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Windows Live

    1. Install Windows Essentials 2011:

    https://archive.org/details/windowsliveessentials2011_201908

    See also -

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Essentials

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/windows-live-mail-error-code-0x800c013e-after/77fcb37a-0d1f-4256-abab-cfc1ea01f0e1

    David -- This second fix particularly applies to YOU.

    You are running a very old version of WLM, and you are running a POP3 account. Both those factors count against you. You will have a much better chance of success in fixing this problem by upgrading to WLM 2011 and by using IMAP. That combination is by far the most widely supported one.

    On request, I can post a full step by step guide to installing WLM 2011 with IMAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-29T20:33:41+00:00

    I had my computer man look at it and he said it's not anything I can fix.   It's the URL's glitch and until they fix it, it won't work.   I'm learning gmail, and have mail from that account sent to it.   He also said that it might start working all of a sudden and the URL fixed the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments