I am unable to send or receive emails from Windows Live after upgrading Windows 10 as you said I needed to do

Anonymous
2020-09-27T22:20:39+00:00

I upgraded Windows 10 and now I can neither send or receive my email on Windows Live Mail.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-18T21:19:05+00:00

    Where is this “my post”? If you are going to refer to a particular post please provide a link. I was having NO problem with WLM until a recent Windows 10 update. A dangerous “solution” I just tried posted here only created MORE damage and now I can not access WLM at all. Is this the post you refer to?

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-program/windows-live-mail-a-problem-occurred-while-trying/21387c73-4d32-4765-9c67-6078e4798d7f

    I did a restore point first and rolled back and that did not correct the problem created by the “solution”. Now I can do ANYTHING and restore did not help. Not it’s only a worse disaster

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T04:37:50+00:00

    Please define your terms! "create DWORD entries" What on earth is a DWORD entry?

    If you follow through my proposed fix in all its steps, you will not have to ask this, because the answer will be obvious.

    A DWORD entry is one option, part way through the procedure. When you get to that step, you will select the option labelled DWORD in the registry editor program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T22:38:10+00:00

    I have the same problem but I can not be due to Windows 10 Update 2004 since I have been using Win 10 just fine through 2020 and it is is only a recent update in February 2021 that caused the problem.  I can receive email but not send or forward: "an error has prevented this file from opening". This happened only after Win 10 MS TECH support "fixed" a prior problem. Most suggested solutions are responses to older questions not exactly the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more