Yes, the usage goes dramatically down and the fans get slower.
I ran a rootkit scan with malwarebytes, it didn't find anything, and here's the CPU load :
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi all i come for help as I've been trying to fix this problem for the past week but I'm new to the PC world so I need help.
I bought and built this PC myself about 4 months ago and it worked fine until last week. The fans started blowing pretty loudly even when doing the most simple tasks and the PC gets way hotter than normal and as soon as I open the task manager the CPU and memory (even disk sometimes) are at 30-70% usage for a second then they go back to normal levels. Even weirder the percentage shown at the top of the task manager dont match the usage of processes running at all, and when playing video games I have no in-game performance problem, but things like discord or google stop working completely. At first I thought I had a virus so I tried running complete scans with avast and windows, then I tried a rootkit scan with malwarebytes and finally an offline scan with windows. Problem was still there so I tried a factory reset, still it wouldn't go away so I reset my pc and downloaded windows from a USB drive so now I don't know what to do.
Specs :
CPU : Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard : MSI MAG B365M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR4-2400
Video Card : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card
Storage: Crucial P1 500 GB M.2 NVME Solid State Drive
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Are you still have heavy load falling after Task Manager starts?
If yes please check CPU load with resmon and check PC with Malvarebytes.
According Task manager there are many enough memory committed to programs.
RamMap do not show anything abnormal.
So please clarify, did you run virus scan in Windows or offline (with PC rebooting for test)?