finally solved . removing my school/work account solved all my problems even windows defender didn't work due to some restrictions laid by the school/work account.
Windows Hello Pin (This option is currently unavailable)
Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says (This option is currently unavailable) and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says I need to sign in again and I did until it asked for the pin which I forgot.How can I fix this so I can turn it back to normal where there are no windows hello and I can reset the pin again.I appreciate any suggestions, thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-10-11T06:53:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-01-24T11:04:09+00:00 Hello RyanColt,
Recently even I had the same Problem. There is a simple fix for this if you are in a school or work in a place where you have a Microsoft 365 student account for Microsoft Word, Excel etc You might have allowed your organisation to manage your device that means your work or school account has been connected to your desktop but there is nothing to worry about.
This is how to disconnect the school account and enable windows hello:-
- Go to Change account Settings
- Click on this button.👇
Then click on the Work or school account and click on Disconnect.
Then go to sign-in options. There you go Problem solved now you can use Windows Hello Pin, Fingerprint and Face but the next time you open a Microsoft app It will show you that you are logged out. There is nothing to worry about it just login again and this time make sure to uncheck the allow my organisation to manage my device Box and click on No Sign in to this app only and there you go all done. IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM IN THIS PROCESS DO REPLY I WILL MAKE SURE TO HELP YOU
-
Anonymous
2020-10-24T11:02:46+00:00 You really are dense, don't send people down a rabbit hole that won't help them, and only make their problem all the more frustrating
-
Anonymous
2020-11-04T23:28:48+00:00 I did not have a work or school account listed. I actually had to add my work account, then remove it again. After I did this, I was given the ability to remove the PIN. What a horridly insidious feature.
-
Anonymous
2020-10-11T08:26:08+00:00 finally solved . removing my school/work account solved all my problems even windows defender didn't work due to some restrictions laid by the school/work account.
Okay so I just did the same and ofcourse it worked. I remember when I opened my laptop this morning, windows wanted me to change my PIN code and it was saying something related to my organization(school). I didn't read the whole message tho, but I was like "umm what do you mean my organization wants me to change my PIN?..."