JW library showing no download location available

Anonymous
2020-04-10T18:10:32+00:00

go to settings on the app and where there is usually the folders where all the media is downladed says extacly the same thing. it does let me stream the file but not download, please help!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-22T15:07:37+00:00

    Dear TonyP_722,

    Thank you for taking the time to check and reply.

    I had to recreate my Music and Video folders (by moving them back to default locations and then moving them back) and JW Library found them.

    I will remember your suggestion in case the problems reappears.

    Thanks again

    PDNvanEyck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-22T13:51:24+00:00

    I tried everything but this seems to help.  

    Go to your folders and find the Video.   Right click and choose

    "Add to Library" 

    That should do it.   If you have trouble doing that you may have other antivirus apps getting in the way.  I would just uninstall  third party antivirus and let windows defender do its job.  

    Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T23:12:23+00:00

    Thanks for sharing that :)

    Andres

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T21:45:40+00:00

    Thank you for replying. Yes it worked. But I also had to make my Libraries visible before I could do this. That is why it did not work only on the Music or Videos folder.

    I saw that direction in another site, which is referred to in this thread.

    In Windows Explorer, in the left panel, at the bottom, in a blank area, I had to right click and select Show Libraries.

    Then in each Library, Music and Videos, I could add the JWLibrary folder and it was ok after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-07T12:58:52+00:00

    Hey David Van Eyck,

    these are the steps that worked for me.

    1. Windows Key + E
    2. Go to the music folder 
    3. Create a new folder, name it “JWLibrary” no spaces, you are creating the path for some reason the app did not create automatically.
    4. Do this for your video folder as well.
    5. If the app is open, close it and launch again.

    let me know if it works, some people have had to restart their computer after doing this.

    Andres

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments