Windows 10 100 % disk usage

Anonymous
2020-02-26T13:40:33+00:00

New to Windows , so please excuse me if this has been covered in the past.

How do i correct the 100 % disk usage that has my computer by the throat ... Its causing major slowdowns. 

I have - Windows updates ON and current.

I am only running 1 app on this computer ( quickbooks accounting )

This happen seven when the computer is at rest.

Thanks in advance

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-30T13:12:21+00:00

    Good Morning.... THANK YOU for your reply.   One step that I cannot seem to "find" is PROCESS DISK... 

     "then on top of same window page select 'Process disk' 'check' write, read, write bytes, read bytes"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-28T17:04:43+00:00

    Just so you are totally aware of the environment, Win 10 is running on a virtual machine ( parallels v15 ) and I have ran disk utilities - Mac OS first aid no no errors . This is a 2019 iMac w/16gb ram

    Standing by........................

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. SD - IA 180K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-02-28T16:00:30+00:00

    To summarize: It may be a hard disk problem which I am trying to find using the steps I gave above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. SD - IA 180K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-02-28T15:59:50+00:00

    Thank you. Apparently there is something else other than the program - I think the list won't even total to 1%.

    Let us first check the disk.

    Download and run HDTune .

    http://www.hdtune.com/

    Select the Disk where OS is installed.

    Make screenshots of the following

    the health

    the error scan

    the benchmark

    Post back the screenshots.

    How to do a Disk check of System drive in Windows 10 and interpret the logs

    https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2018/04/how-to...

    Please do both these steps and send the results.

    Disclaimer:

    There are links to non-Microsoft websites which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the websites which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. SD - IA 180K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-02-28T02:13:50+00:00

    Thank you. Unfortunately, you sorted the same in the ascending order :(

    See the arrow in the screenshot I attached on the Disk tab.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments