App Blocked by administrator

Anonymous
2020-03-04T05:26:33+00:00

I cannot open MYOB, a message comes up that the app has been blocked for my protection. It says to contact the administrator. All help suggestions show sections that do not show up on my control panel

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-04T11:29:29+00:00

You remember an annoying dialog box always pops up when you run MYOB? For whatever reason, Windows 10 felt your pain and decided to block it... Anyway, once we figure out what mechanism Windows 10 uses to block it, the rest is not so hard.

Just follow the steps in this page and MYOB will run again, without the annoying dialog box.

https://mynuuo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000764413-How-to-disable-UAC-for-a-specific-program

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-04T19:14:57+00:00

    I have the same issue.  MYOB was working fine a couple of days ago but It seems Windows 10 has done some sort of update which has messed up MYOB and other apps.  Couldn't open my AVG Internet Security either.  Had to uninstall and re-install it. Windows 10 needs to fix whatever it has done to block MYOB. A lot of people need to use this accounting program on a daily basis.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-04T13:50:33+00:00

    Thanks for this. Does the job nicely and without having to disable UAC system wide.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-04T10:52:45+00:00

    Yup.. I am using MYOB V18

    myob was running at the time, but I closed it and then when I relaunched got the red screen that the program was now blocked by Microsoft Windows

    This is not to do with any antivirus program -  this is a microsoft issue.

    Work around is to run the program from the Command prompt window.

    I believe its due to the certificates having expired some time ago and MS is now blocking these programs...  should be up to the OWNER of the system with how they use their computer.

    MYOB won't touch it as they want you to run there newer versions (that do nothing extra...)

    Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-04T10:05:01+00:00

    Like @Lee1603. I was using MYOB just fine yesterday evening. After I boot up my laptop today at work, i received the same error message that my app is now blocked for my protection by an administrator!?

    I thought I was the administrator on my own laptop?

    I have checked AVG, Windows Defender and also tried the command prompt. None of the options work.

    Help needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments