Disable Get Even More Out of Windows

Anonymous
2020-03-25T10:06:25+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with this screen appearing on my computers. I want it, and anything related to halting startup disabled.

What I've tried so far is setting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement\ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled to 0, as that was the advice I got online. Didn't work.

I've also tried unchecking the "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occassionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested" option in Settings->System->Notifications as that was supposed to help too. Didn't work.

What do I need to do to get Microsoft to stop bothering me? Preferably something with a CLI so I can automate it.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T20:33:00+00:00

    I've just arrived at this thread because the dreaded blue screens have just wrecked my day over a whole bunch of public-facing machines. Did the ContentDeliveryAllowed -> 0 fix work for you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-17T21:43:25+00:00

    I tried the following:

    \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

    ContentDeliveryAllowed  00000001 -> 00000000

    Disabling all content delivery honestly seems like the best option now.  I don't know if it works, and it may be overkill, but no other setting I've tried works (at least with update 1909).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T08:19:25+00:00

    The above is working for me.

    Unfortunately you need to apply the script after the 2004 update, since the update will overwrite the registry key(probably because key wasn't supported prior to this version).

    After 2 months, I have around 800+ Windows 10 terminals updated to 2004, and none of them has so far had the dreaded blue screen.

    Before it popped up every month after major updates.

    Don't celebrate though, I'm sure something new will be added in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T00:36:03+00:00

    If you're using script, this command is confirmed to work:

    REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UserProfileEngagement" /v "ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

    This doesn't work on 1909, just saw the blue setup screen on a device with this registry setting.  Perhaps only 2004 respects the setting?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-13T22:48:31+00:00

    I just finished upgrading 22 (2 Home, 20 Pro) machines from 1909 to 2004.  About 10 of the 1909 machines did not have the "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows" setting. The others did. 

    Now all 22 have the option. I have uncheck it on all machines.  

    I will wait and see what happens with the July patches.

    Thanks to all who took time to post their experiences.

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments