Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-31T05:55:32+00:00

    Thanks. This is straight to the point and really helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T05:10:49+00:00

    Try this:

    1. Click Settings > Accounts > Access work or school
    2. Click the account you want to remove
    3. Click Disconnect

    More information can be found here: 

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-remove-a-work-or-school-account-from-windows/22403d43-91b6-4724-b509-ab3d28031e05

    I hope that helps!

     

    Thanks.  I have been trying to get rid of an account I no longer have access to for ages.  This was the way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-01T18:31:55+00:00

    Same suggestion because I stuck in the same place

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-23T21:09:37+00:00

    Correct.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments