Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T01:28:04+00:00

    Hello, my name is Joshua an Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community. Thank you for posting your question, and I would be more than happy to assist you today.

    The reason why you are not able to remove the e-mail account in the app is that you are currently signed in to a Microsoft Account, You need to sign-in back to a local account in order to remove the e-mail account in the 'Mail' app.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/402706...

    If there are still some issues please let me know.

    If you have further questions please do not hesitate to reply back.

    Have a great day!

    Regards,

    Joshua

    Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-16T13:20:43+00:00

    Mine does not have a delete account

    Mine does not have a remove account

    Mine does not have a disable account

    Not in the same section

    Not above

    Not below

    Not in a house with a mouse
    Not with a box, not with a fox

    Mine has a manage account - no other option and you have to log in with that account to do anything and won't let you switch account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T18:40:08+00:00

    Same here the same steps I followed them and still I cannot remove them I think that's stupid accounts from previous job and I cannot remove them that is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-26T19:48:11+00:00

    Check out this thread, also talking about the same issue, not solved yet. I remember for an article this year was highlighting Windows 10 is pushing to use Microsoft account and making the life harder if you don't want or want to disconnect it. :'(

    Remove Microsoft Account from my Local Account in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

    This other is useful too, especially if you use the Microsoft Family Group feature then the organizer needs to remove the particular account from the family group, take the suggested action then put the account back:

    No "Remove" button for Microsoft account in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments