Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:52:32+00:00

I cannot remove an account from Settings /  Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-20T23:08:33+00:00

    boe_d!

    I see you,

    I feel you,

    I am in the same boat,

    where the heck are the oars?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-18T00:33:44+00:00

    THIS IS THE KEY!!! you're a genius. thank you for this comment because I would have never figured this out. I tried everything else and this was the one thing that worked. You rock!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-15T14:54:50+00:00

    Thanks a lot this worked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-09T20:13:41+00:00

    Try this:

    1. Click Settings > Accounts > Access work or school
    2. Click the account you want to remove
    3. Click Disconnect

    .....

    I hope that helps!

     

    It sure did help. MS should give you some kind of award. Or maybe ask you to design their pop-up dialogue. Why the 'There is a problem with your Work or School account' does not lead to this very setting is a mystery. Instead, it brings you to the useless 'Email & Accounts' setting. Finding your answers quickly saved me an unquantifiable amount of time, frustration and negative energy.

    MS -- in case anyone ever looks at this thread:

    I never logged into the work or school account in question and nor do I ever want to. It is my personal laptop. The fact that on some other devices I choose to access both my personal MS account (which is the sign-in account for the laptop) and my work account is my business. Pretty disappointed that this other account 'infiltrated' to my personal laptop, but at least the reply from thorwm helped me fix it (for now).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments