So far so good, I have two unhappy children :) The eldest is asking why the start menu looks like Windows 7!
Set app and game limits is not working for Roblox
I setup app & game limits for my son, but it looks like this doesn't work for Roblox :(
System still allows to run and play. I checked on other games like Fortnite and app is terminated on restricted time.
Does anybody have similar issue or this is only me ???
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
56 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-06-12T14:01:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-12T07:29:40+00:00 Hmm... the Roblox start menu link in the Start10 Win7 theme comes back after removal.. BUT when used parental controls still seem to be applied ok! Will report back later after 'users' have trialled their new working environment :)
-
Anonymous
2020-06-12T07:23:26+00:00 I might have found a (temporary) fix.. There's a program called Start10 by Stardock that enables a windows 7 themed Start menu. Once this is selected you can remove the link that remains to the Windows10 start menu and you can remove the Roblox app shortcut!!
This leaves just the desktop Roblox shortcut (create before you delete the windows 7 menu shortcut!) for which the parental limits seem to work!
So.. we'll see how this goes and whether my kids cumvent this new 'obstacle' or not.
The Start10 app is unfortunately £5 but has a 30day free trial so we'll see..
-
Anonymous
2020-06-05T17:59:38+00:00 I have 3 children. It seems to work for 2 of them but not the oldest. Sure send to be able to play much longer than the limit. Even shows up on the weekly usage stats which confirm she is regularly going over the limit.
Microsoft need to either fix this bug or not bother having the feature.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-02T08:56:07+00:00 I am using the 'App and Game Limits' feature under the 'Family' settings of the Microsoft account. Blocking and unblocking from the start menu is not always convenient or physically possible hence. However, the App limit controls are totally bypassed by the game which is most frustrating. It works on all other apps and websites other than ROBLOX.