How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive

Anonymous
2019-09-16T14:40:19+00:00

How do I increase time before the 20 minute lockout in personal vault for onedrive

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T17:22:04+00:00

    It doesn't work.  It times out at various times even when I have just used it.  There seems to be no reason to how ti works.  And then I have to wait for Microsoft to send me another email to get back in.  This is nonsense - if I am sitting at my computer using the files - I want them to stay there until I decide to close it.  I do not need some silly **** nanny closing files automatically.  Fix this problem.  I have already signed onto my personal vault 4 times in the last hour 0 and I have never closed a window.  It doesn't work.  Fix it, and give me options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-07T18:26:46+00:00

    Exactly the same situation. I am sleeping at night while I leave my laptop on backing up private stuff that is almost 10gb but when I wake up in the morning the upload always fail due to the timeout that is only 20 minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
    2020-06-20T13:51:10+00:00

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/protect-your-onedrive-files-in-personal-vault-6540ef37-e9bf-4121-a773-56f98dce78c4?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

    "On a desktop, your Personal Vault will lock after 20 minutes of inactivity, but you can change this by opening your OneDrive Settings > Account > Personal Vault and selecting a different duration."

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-20T13:50:24+00:00

    This post should be archived.  We all know Microsoft resolved the issue and gave us several options for the timeout duration up to 4  hours.  Why are people still posting about the 20 min limit?  Case closed....please stop posting concerns for antiquated issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
    2020-05-13T15:55:40+00:00

    How do I extend the time limit in the personal vault, we keep getting throw'n out about every 20min or so?

    Try going to the cloud icon on the taskbar > Settings> Account tab > Personal Vault Inactivity Lock.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments