High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

Anonymous
2019-09-03T13:10:13+00:00

Hello,

I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon.

I really want to know if there is a fix since I have browsed a wide range of sites trying to find a fix, I could not find any. And also my keyboard stopped working for some reason, if its ok I would like to find a fix for that, but I prioritize fixing the high latency over the keyboard.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-06T14:33:43+00:00

    Give this a try...

    Click Start, type: regedit

    Right click regedit

    Click Run as administrator

    Navigate to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search

    Double click BingSearchEnabled

    Change the value to 0

    If you don't see it, right click in the right pane.

    Click New > DWORD (32 bit) value

    Name it BingSearchEnabled

    Double click it then change the value to 0

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-05T14:26:50+00:00

    I have updated to the 1903 version, and that has fixed my broken keyboard, but I am still having high DPC errors, even after i have done the pre-requisites, I also noticed that the dpc spikes when i move my mouse, but when my mouse is not moving I get 400+ dpc latency, here is the windows version and the dpc latency test results:

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-03T15:23:01+00:00

    Also, if setup fails, here are some things you can do to ensure the upgrade is successful.

    There are some important updates available for your make and model.

    BIOS Update August 2019

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G751JT/G7...

    Display Driver July 2019

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL5...

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-03T15:10:33+00:00

    I am now waiting for the update, this is the information shown in the system information and windows update area, but I am awaiting the Windows 10 setup app, it is going at a slow pace, at 2% from 10 minutes, but I will keep you updated at what happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-03T14:01:02+00:00

    Hi Le

    My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

    What is the exact make and model?

    Open Start, type: system information

    Hit Enter

    Click System summary

    Look in the right pane

    Copy the system sku info into reply here.

    See example: https://imgur.com/qzektpA

    Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

    Its possible you might need to update your BIOS and chipset drivers.

    I would also make sure you are running the latest Windows 10 release:

    Go to the following page then click 'Update Now'

    https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments