Hi Sumit
My system has been stuck on Fixing drive stage for last 48hrs. Current Stage 1 progress is 56% and Total 18%.
And with time always keeps on increasing again and again.
How long it will take ???
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
fixing c stage 1 5 % ( 248589 of 427520 ) total 2 % eta 103.59.00y laptop shut down automatically saying " problem needs to restart " after that it stuck then this message was seen fixing c stage 1 5 % ( 248589 of 427520 ) total 2 % eta 103.59.00 whats ot says
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Did anyone manage to find a solution? my computer have been like that for more than 24 hours and it is at 20%. Will reinstalling windows and formatting disk be possible solution? all my important data is saved on external disk
When people say "reinstall windows 10", is that the same as running a factory reset?
I'm pretty sure I have all my data on OneDrive so I have no problem doing something drastic to get the laptop back to normal.
I have the same thing only it's fixing stage 2
Fixing (J: ) Stage 2: 89% (147299 of 163590); Total 67% ETA: 0:08:40
From what I've found out this is some kind of chkdsk scan. It started when I added a drive. I looked in the BIOS and found that drive letters were shuffled, C:\ was on Disk 0 but when I added a drive, it changed to Disk 1. I added another drive and C:\ is now Disk 2.
I'm adding a third drive and I believe when the fixing is finished, C:\ will be Disk 3 in the BIOS. I didn't think that could happen, I thought Windows always assigned the boot drive to Disk 0 and it couldn't be changed. Other than that, I haven't very much information about this. I don't know if there are other stages beyond 2, or what it's actually fixing but the machine booted just fine when the fixing was finished. Definitely don't turn the machine off during the fixing! You could lose data.
Фегнёй мучяетесь сннеси венду и заного поставь чистую версию без наворотов